Here are a few recordings of some of the sounds that we are hearing during the night in some remote areas.
These are just some of the strange things we have heard.
RECORDINGS FOR 2005 to PRESENT
ALL RECORDINGS MADE AT NIGHT. THESE RECORDINGS ARE PROPERTY OF C. M. MCLAIN AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR PLAYED FOR PROFIT.
|APRIL 16, 2005 (WHISTLES) MP3||* These are three cuts from orginal recording of the whistling sounds we heard.|
|APR 16, 2005 (WHOOP AND KNOCKING) MP3||
* This recording cut of the same night with several whoop/calls with a long knocking..first time to hear this.
|APR 18, 2005 (ALABAMA TALK) MP3||
* (knocks and what sounds like talking) Listen for what sounds like ..he-toe in the first cut and then ..he-ta he-ta ho ho in the last.
|APR 27, 2005 (WHICH WAY CALL) MP3||* I named this the which way call. We were talking about using an English dog whistle when we heard this call.
It was so loud and sharp the sound really carried. Several in the group couldn’t determine which way it came from. It was in front of us!
|APR 27, 2005 (MYSTERY SOUNDS) MP3||
* There is a loud knock and then some other sounds I can not identify.
|2005 collection (WHATTHIS) A sample of sounds.||
* During the year we heard and recorded many un-explainable sounds, knocks, and voices saying some strange things. One of these voices called my wife by name. “Him and (wife) hunting us”. This file is 4 megs. MP3
|OCT 05, 2007 (TALKING WE HEARD)||
* We had set-up one recorder and left..going to another location. As we returned we recorded this just as we stopped and right before we got out of the truck. Recorded around 3:00am in an area no one should be.
|OCT 29, 2007 (OWL ? MAYBE..MAYBE NOT) MP3||
* Right after we played a call we get this reply. Listen for the knock about half way between the hoots.
|OCT 29, 2007 (CUTS OF THE NIGHTS RECORDINGS) MP3||
* Here are several cuts of the nights recording. Listen for the knocks before the deer starts snorting/blowing. Other owl sounds and strange sounds.
|FEB 23, 2008 (RESPONCE FROM KNOCKING)||
* Here is a very unusual responce to knocking we did. There are some other sounds in the background, including knocks and growls/roars in the distance.
|APRIL 23, 2009 (LOST COYOTE)||
* Sounds like it might be a young coyote that has become lost and an older coyote answering it.
|APIRL 23, 2009 (OWL AND WHISTLE)||
* You hear the owl and shorlty after you hear a whistle.
|APRIL 23, 2009 (OWL TALK)||
* I have heard this many times but this is the first recording I have gotten of them doing this. I think many hear this and think it sounds like monkeys going ape..LOL